Trending Colours This Season
What to wear this season? Staying on trend in the plus size fashion world never has been easier. At Wardrobeplus we have you covered. Are you thinking about what colours to add to your wardrobe? Here are our thoughts on the season ahead to make you feel fabulous.
In recent years, pastel shades like lavender, peach, and mint green have been popular for spring and summer, as well as brighter colours like coral, fuchsia, and lemon yellow. Earthy tones like beige, tan, and olive green have also been trending, especially for outdoor and nature-inspired fashion.
Fashion trends are constantly evolving, and designers are always coming up with new and exciting colour combinations, so it's important to keep an eye on current fashion trends to stay up to date with what's in style. Additionally, it's always a good idea to choose colours that flatter your skin tone and make you feel confident and comfortable. We stock a huge variety of brands that bring you the latest plus size clothing in all the latest trends.
Colour trends for 2023 are expected to be bold and vibrant, with a focus on colours that evoke a sense of energy and optimism. Some of the predicted colours for 2023 include:
- Yellow: Bright and sunny shades of yellow are expected to be popular, ranging from lemon to mustard.
- Pink: Shades of pink, from soft pastels to bold fuchsias, are expected to be popular for 2023.
- Green: Shades of green, including forest green and lime green, are predicted to be popular, with a focus on nature-inspired colours.
- Blue: Blues, including navy and royal blue, are expected to be popular, along with bright and vibrant shades of sky blue and cobalt.
- Orange: Bold and energetic shades of orange, including coral and tangerine, are expected to be popular for 2023.
Again, it's important to note that fashion trends can vary depending on many factors, including geographic location, cultural influences, and personal preferences. Ultimately, the best way to choose colours that are on-trend for the year is to keep an eye on current fashion trends and choose colours that make you feel confident and comfortable.
Ways to add colour to your wardrobe
There are many ways to add colour to your wardrobe, even if you're used to wearing mostly neutrals or darker tones. Here are some ideas:
- Start small: If you're not used to wearing a lot of colour, start by adding small pops of colour to your outfits. For example, you could wear a colourful scarf, a bright pair of shoes, or a colourful handbag
- Mix and match: Try pairing a colourful piece of clothing with something more neutral. For example, you could wear a bright red blouse with black pants or a skirt with a white blouse.
- Experiment with patterns: Patterns can be a great way to add colour to your wardrobe. Try wearing a floral or paisley blouse or a striped dress in bright colours.
- Play with accessories: Accessories are an easy way to add colour to your outfits. Try wearing jewellery, a belt, or a bright hat.
- Try new colours: Don't be afraid to try new colours that you may not be used to wearing. You might be surprised at how much you like them!
Remember, fashion is all about self-expression, and the most important thing is to wear what makes you feel confident and comfortable. Adding colour to your wardrobe can be a fun way to try new styles and express your personality through your clothing choices. Summer is the perfect time to start to experiment with new shades and tones.
If you ever need any style advice we are always happy to help, we have our stores located in Gorey, Co Wexford and Ashford, Co Wicklow. Why not drop by for a personal shopping appointment or some colour advice. Our team will be delighted to help.
Team Wardrobe Plus x